The opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps or the US government.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Picture Time

I am at Simunye Country Club for some R & R and there's real wifi!  Here are some pics.

 
Here is Sinethemba with that hat he made in one weekend. This was the school project he procrastinated starting till the last minute.

Life is short, roast marshmallows before dinner... The kids are in the lidladla - the outside kitchen - and dinner is in the pot. I think only one marshmallow, out of 2 bags, fell in the fire.

Siyabonga is about to release the cattle who have been pulling a plow to weed the maize.
A huge storm hit, putting dents in my corrugated metal roof. I was lucky! The roof in this tree used to be on a church next to my homestead. The wooden walls wound up on the ground, and all that was left was the cement foundation.
 
Here is a better view of the roof.






And since it was Sunday morning, the congregation put up a tent for church. Note the pick being turned into a hammer. That's Menzi, looking on.



And they needed chairs, so Nomile, age 6, helped out!


1 comment:

  1. Great pics. Michele. This is the second time I've been astounded by how even the smallest children pitch in and help. I bet most American's wouldn't think to ask a 6 year old to help carry chairs to church.

    I hope your R&R really did help refresh you.

    ReplyDelete